Sushi Saturday

We're busy. I mean, it's not just us, society in general is incredibly busy. I think far more busy than God ever intended us to be. And our family is no exception. We have cut everything we can, but still feel like we're spinning on any given day. I desperately want to be able to slow down, and we're working on that. But quite honestly, it's a huge struggle. It's hard to slow down when you have so much to do. You get that, right?

It's like we attack each work week with such hastiness, we often find ourselves wondering how we're making it through the hustle, and how long we can sustain this pace. And then Saturday comes.

I love Saturdays. I love Saturdays because I finally get to just be with my family. No work, no homework, no extra children, no rushing and squeezing things in. No agenda. Ah, I love Saturdays.

We try to make Saturdays as agenda-free and relaxing as possible. Sure, sometimes that's easier said than done, but for the most part, Saturdays are our days. Last week we were in North Carolina charging through an impromptu move for Andrew's dad. That was not relaxing. But today we are home, savoring each other's company, and that is relaxing.

We enjoyed a slow start to the day. My loving husband let me sleep in (kind of becoming a Saturday tradition, how great is he?!). I was able to get some much-needed rest (Jonah and I have both been battling nasty colds) and have some sweet time with my Father. Jonah went down for a mid-morning nap, and I was thankful for the opportunity to soak up precious time with my love. He got a hair cut from his personal stylist (that's me!), and I made pancakes, eggs, and sausage for a late breakfast.

We're being lazy, and because it doesn't happen any other day, I'm okay with that. I suppose at some point today we will emerge from our home and out into the real world. The babe needs diapers, and some sunlight wouldn't hurt any of us. Oh, and how could I forget that it's Sushi Saturday, and somebody has to pick up the sushi! :)

For now, I'm going to go pick up my little love, and he and I are going to snuggle up to his sweet daddy for just a little while longer. Ah, I love Saturdays.


0 comments



Post a Comment