Devotion

When we lived in Wilmington, we went to a church called PC3. This church had a huge impact on both mine and Andrew's lives, spiritual and otherwise, and both of us continue to listen to messages from the church. Mike, the pastor, is gifted with the ability to deliver the word of God unlike anyone I've ever heard speak before.

In my quiet time, I've been supplementing my regular reading with reading through the devotionals on the PC3 website. The recent series, The Art of Practice, focuses on spiritual disciplines and Proverbs 3:1-8. I know lots of people aren't big on devotionals, but these are encouraging, convicting, and thought provoking. If you follow me on Twitter, you've probably seen at least one tweet a day with some quote from the PC3 devos. I really enjoy reading them. And, because my word for the year, again, is discipline, having something to keep up with daily does actually help me be just that.

I sound like an ad. I should be paid for that. Really just a heartfelt sharing, though. Maybe somebody else will be encouraged, too! :)

"My son, do not forget my teaching,
But let your heart keep my commandments;
For length of days and years of life
And peace they will add to you.
Do not let kindness and truth leave you;
Bind them around your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart.
So you will find favor and good repute
In the sight of God and man.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your body
And refreshment to your bones."
-Proverbs 3:1-8 

0 comments



Post a Comment