I Have Spaghetti On My Toe.

Jonah is a very intense child. Don’t get me wrong, I love him with all my heart, so I say that with love.


But some days, I also say it with frustration. All you many-time mothers out there are laughing at me right now (ahem, mom). That’s okay, it doesn’t hurt my feelings, I know you are. I’m sure I’ll laugh at the memory of myself from this season of life one day, too. And miss it, and long for it, and treasure the memory of it. But I’m not there yet. I’m here.

Here with spit up on my shoulder, blocks and trucks and balls all over the house (including in my pots and pans), and Tupperware missing (because those are toys, too, right?! ). Here where I have spaghetti on my toe* and sanity waning. Here where I may pull out my hair any moment.
*Mr. Intensity pitched a bit of a fit during lunch, discipline followed, and I only just now noticed the red blob on my toe. Awesome.

But also here where I am constantly reminding myself that our sweet little love will grow up all too quickly, and I’ll only have snapshots of memories of spaghetti on my toe and finding little “treasures” when I open a cabinet.


In the thoughts of those moments that will come in the not-too-distant future, my sanity quickly returns and is replaced with longings to cuddle my sweet boy, soak him up, love on him.


So I praise the Lord for today, and tomorrow, and yesterday. I praise my gracious Father for him, and every facet of his intense little personality. I thank Him for all these little moments of madness that I have learned am learning to cherish.


1 Comment

  1. Anonymous on February 17, 2010 at 5:08 PM

    I know how you feel mama! I'm right there with you!! The picture of J with the strainer on his head...yep that happens here too, any bowl or bucket, heck he uses clothing as hats!!

     


Post a Comment