I need to clean.

Our house is dirty and I need to clean. First I need to drink my coffee.

Yesterday I slacked off and we spent the whole day outside. It was beautiful. 76 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. I took the babes strolling with a friend, then we met the Cole's at the park. I got a funny babywearing tan line. Awesome. Even awesomer (yes, I do know that's not a word) is how dirty our house gets when I don't clean for just one day. Seriously?! Bet you can't guess what I'm doing today...

Last night was really nice, too. I love that it's still light outside when my husband gets home. We took Jonah and played ball and soccer outside for a while before dinner, and enjoyed time together. I'm so thankful for the time we have together. Too often I take things for granted, I need to be more thankful.

I was bummed out yesterday (yep, nice weather and all!). Our situation, missing my family, just lots of things that I try really hard to not let get me down- really got me down. My sweet husband is so understanding, and aware. He knew I wasn't myeslf and forced me to talk to him, which was needed. I have a hard time talking, and he usually has to pull things out of me. Not one of my strong points, to say the least, but he knows this, and I know this, and I'm working on it. I unloaded on him a bit, cried some, and felt better afterward. I am so very thankful for Andrew. I'm so quick to forget what the Lord has done, the blessings He has poured, and tend to focus on what's missing. But my goodness, look what I have! A husband and a relationship with him that is more than I could have ever dreamed, a healthy baby boy, a home, loving family, the list is long and great, and so should be my praise and thanks. I must be patient and wait for God's timing. Father, please give me patience and help me to "rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer" (Romans 12:12).

0 comments



Post a Comment