Happy Mother's Day...

Happy Mother's Day...

Mom, thank you for being such an incredible woman, and an amazing mom. I will never be able to tell you how much I love you, respect you, appreciate you, admire you, and how very thankful I am for you. God has been so good to me. I hope I become even half the mom you are. I love you mama, with all my heart.

My husband let me sleep in this morning. It was delightful. I finally crawled out of bed around 10, and awoke to a delicious breakfast cooked by my love. Not only had Andrew cooked, but he had fed Jonah, and had even done the dishes (which he hates to do, so it means that much more). That's not all! Packaged in a little sand bucket were a new beach towel, magazine, and gift certificate to Tropical Smoothie...and my favorite perfume! Not only did my husband provide me with the essentials of a lovely day at the beach, but he planned it for me, too! He arranged for a beach day with a friend, just for some me time.  
Time. That's the best gift he could have given me. Time to relax, chill out, and be a woman. No chasing, saying no no, cleaning, trucks, or blocks. Just time to enjoy God's amazing creation, soak up some sun, and enjoy a little girl talk. I think every mom appreciates time. To me, my husband giving me some time away shows me how much he truly appreciates me when I'm here. I think I'm a better mom and wife when I've had time away, to myself. Andrew knows that. Being that in tune to me and my needs...well that's just one of the many reasons he's such a wonderful husband. So off I went. We grabbed a smoothie, chatted about all sorts of things, and how blessed we were...for lots of things, and for our men! And all that talking about our men, well it made me miss mine. I missed my loves. Time away is good and so needed and much appreciated, but my family is great, and a few hours away is enough. After a few hours, I came home rejouvenated, and so in love with my husband. Like I said...time is the best mother's day gift of all. And being able to come home to my handsome, caring husband and my sweet son, well that's not too bad, either.

  • Thank you Lord, for my husband. For my son. For my mom. For entrusting me with a little life to mother and (by Your grace) to be a good steward of. I'm rich beyond measure, and I praise You, the One from whom all blessings flow.

0 comments



Post a Comment