Incomprehensible.

"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?


You have made them a little lower than angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.

You made them rulers over the works of your hands;

you put everything under their feet:

all flocks and herds,
and the animals of the wild,


the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.


Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"

-Psalm 8:3-9


What is mankind that God is mindful of us? Have you ever just sat and thought about that?
God made the stars, He called them each by name. How small are we in the vastness of that universe? Yet He cares for us. Not only cares, but He deeply loves us. And knows each of us in the deepest, most intimate way. I can't help but be overwhelmed by that. The God that made the stars, made me. And He knows me. How can anyone fathom that love? The God of the universe desires a relationship with me. That is nearly incomprehensible. Yet true. 

Oh God, help me to not take the truth of these verses lightly. Thank you for loving me. Please make Yourself, Your majestic name, the ultimate desire of my heart.

0 comments



Post a Comment